Friday, March 16, 2012

Soccer in the Park


Today, I touched a soccer ball for the first time since my last collegiate game in November. It was amazing!  I was running at the park, when I saw my friends from Turkey, Ozlem and Bedritten (Ben).  I finished my workout, and went and sat with them for a little while. Then, Ozlem saw a group of people playing volleyball and wanted to go play with them. So she did. So Ben and I were sitting there, when we saw two boys playing soccer, just passing and juggling.  He told me to come with him, so I did. He just walked right up and asked if we could join. I would be way too big of a scaredy-cat to ever just walk up to people and ask them to join!  But they said sure. The boys were named Peter and Robin, both from Graz. We had so much fun!  The weather was beautiful, I’m so thankful that it’s finally gotten warmer outside! There were so many people at the park. I didn’t even know that many people lived in Graz! They must have been in hibernation during the cold of winter! 

Later in the afternoon, Stina, Robert, and I walked around town to get some ice cream. We went to Robert’s favorite ice cream place, 1,10 Euros per scoop. I had just had a smoothie, and I told them I wasn’t going to get any ice cream, and I managed to resist while we were there. But then we kept walking, and saw another delicious ice cream shop. They both agreed they could go for some more ice cream, so we went inside!  Sometimes you just gotta!  The second time around, there was no way I could resist! It took me about 1000 years to pick out a flavor. I’m already the worst decision maker ever, but put the flavors in another language and I’m even slower. So Stina and Robert both picked out their flavors for their second ice cream cone, and waited outside for me as I walked back and forth down the line of flavors with the little kids.  Me and the other five year olds, taking 20 minutes to point to a flavor of ice cream.  Typical.  Not even sure what I ended up getting, just pointed to one- I think it might have been white chocolate, but not exactly sure.  Whatever it was, it was delicious.  Ice cream is definitely my favorite food! 

Tomorrow, I’m meeting my friend Sophie at the park with a few other people.  We are going to pack some food and drinks and have a picnic, and she’s going to bring a soccer ball and Frisbee.  I’m so excited!  Yay spring  J

No comments:

Post a Comment