Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Golden Birthday



Well a lot has been going on lately!  After getting back from Croatia last weekend, we spent the week in wonderful Graz. Tuesday was my 22nd birthday. I am pretty dang lucky to have some amazing friends who made the day extra special. Monday night / Tuesday morning at midnight, I was woken up by Tugba, Carmen, and Ozlem, who had walked 30 minutes to my dorm with a candle, and woke me up singing “happy birthday.” I was so startled when I woke up, I had no idea what time it was! I realized it was midnight, and my birthday was just starting! I blew out the candle and we chatted for a while, before going back to bed. During the day, the weather was horrible- cold and rainy. But the bad weather couldn’t ruin my day! Tugba and I ate breakfast together and hung out for a while. During the day, I went for a run in the rain. When I was finished, I was about to walk back into my dorm when I saw my bike sitting outside. I was already drenched in water, so I decided to go for a little ride. I biked along the river in the rain, and it was awesome. I had nowhere to be, no idea what time it was, and just rode til whenever I felt like turning around. Pretty great. That night, I went to Carmen’s dorm. I was absolutely amazed at what was waiting for me there! They had the room decorated, with streamers that said happy birthday in both English and German, balloons, and lots and lots of food! They made pasta salad, regular salad, vanilla cake with strawberries and raspberries, and a chocolate cookie crunch cake decorated like a soccer field!  We drank Sangria and had a wonderful night. So much fun! I’m thankful for 22 years of life. Every breath I have ever taken has been a gift given to me by God, the Creator and Sustainer of Life. He has blessed me with 22 wonderful years- how lucky I am  J

No comments:

Post a Comment