Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lake Swim and Future Museum






Monday, we had another great day in Linz. After breakfast, we went to a nearby lake to run. I ran a nice little 8 mile route by the lake, through some trails, and along the Danube. When I got back and met up with Carmen and Stina, we decided to sit by the water for a little while. While we were sitting there, we decided to go for a swim in the lake! Stina wasn’t feelin it, so Carmen and I just went. It was surprisingly warm for May, and we had so much fun. There’s a little blue floaty thing in the middle that we swam out to and jumped off of a couple times. After our swim, it started raining literally right when we stepped onto the land. So we put our phones and ipods in our one dry shirt, and started running toward the car. None of us had a change of clothes, and we only had one towel. So yep, the car got a little wet and a little dirty, but we did the best we could. So worth it! When we got home, Carmen’s mom had made us a traditional Austrian meal. All of her cooking is so good!

In the afternoon, we went to a “future museum” called Electronika. We learned about the way technology has reshaped our world, and what types of advances are continually being made. The statistics were pretty crazy! There was a thing that you could connect to your head, and it can create a picture based on your thoughts! It explained all the science of the way that it worked, but I don’t remember it to be honest. Too much science for a study abroad student who hasn’t really studied since last semester! We also learned about the eyes, and I had a retina photo taken. You can see what my retina looks like, as if you were standing inside my head looking into my eye. I must say, I have some sexy retinas! Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment