Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Stand


"You stood before creation
Eternity in Your hands
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand

You stood before my failure
Carried the cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand

So what can I say?
What can I do?
But offer this heart, O God, completely to You?!

So I’ll walk upon salvation!
Your Spirit alive in me!
This life to declare Your promise,
My soul now to stand

So I’ll stand, with arms high and heart abandoned,
In awe of the One who gave it all,
I’l stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
All I am is Yours!"


Dear God,

You are all that matters.  Nothing in this temporary world matters, at all!  You alone, Father, are all that I need.  You are more than enough for me!  You are so powerful, You SPOKE the earth into motion!  You spoke the words, and it was so!  Lord, don’t let me doubt You power, You can do all things!  Nothing can hold You back! 

You carried the cross for ME.  My sin weighed upon Your perfect shoulders, Jesus.  My choices, thoughts, actions, they hurt You.  They caused You pain.  You knew every detail of my life, what I would do, how I would betray You.  Yet You loved me, You died on a cross to pay the penalty for my sin.  You bore the wrath of God!  My soul now stands in awe of You, Jesus! 

There is nothing I could ever do to repay You.  Here I am, a gracious acceptor of the gift You offer.  All I can do in return is give this life I have completely to You!  I am Yours. Use me as You see fit.  Use me for Your kingdom, for Your glory, to spread the good news of Jesus Christ!    Here I am, God, with arms high and heart abandoned!  I am in awe of You, Father.  I am in awe of Your love, Your holiness, Your willingness to have Your Son slaughtered in order to save me.  I have nothing to offer in relation to who You are.  But what I have, what You have given me, here it is, God.  Take all of me.  Every last part.  I am fully surrendered!    I am here, God, a warrior princess that is madly in love with You! 

(lyrics by Hillsong United- The Stand)

No comments:

Post a Comment