Tuesday, February 21, 2012

BED BUGS

Well, I'm thoroughly disgusted right now. I've been developing itchy bumps, and waking up in the night super itchy for about a week now, and not known what it was. When my roommate started getting the same thing, we finally realized that BED BUGS are living in our dorm. Apparently, it was a problem last semester too.  Ewwww.  I have bites all over my hands, arms, legs, feet, and back.  I'm seriously so itchy!  We went to the store today, and our Austrian friend Robert came and helped us find some things that we might need.  We looked for rubbing alcohol, but couldn't find any.  We finally did find some baking soda though, which we can mix with water to make a paste to help the itching. We are trying to figure out what to do to get rid of them, but for now I am so grossed out there is no way I can sleep in my bed!  I slept on the floor last night, and still got bitten. I think we're going to try to sleep on the couches in the family room tonight, and wash all of our sheets and blankets and pillows and clothes in 95 degree Celsius water (almost boiling).  Apparently, it takes a long time to get rid of them, so I'm not sure what exactly we're going to do!  It'll all work out though.  It always does!  Well, good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment