Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Give Me Faith

Last night, we slept on the floor of the commons room, but I hardly slept. I had the creepy crawlies, thinking about the bed bugs wanting their next meal, and people were coming home at all times of night from the "Carneval" festivities.  I was so itchy, and covered in baking soda to try to help with the itch. I laid there for hours, with these lyrics stuck in my head:


I need You, to soften my heart, and break me apart. I need You, to open my eyes, and see that You’re shaping my life.

All I am, I surrender.

Give me faith, to trust what You say, that You’re good, and Your Love is GREAT! 

I’m broken inside, I give You my life.

I need You, to pierce through the dark, and cleanse every part of me.

All I am, I surrender.

I may be weak, but Your Spirit’s strong in me!
My flesh may fail, but my God You NEVER will! 

("Give Me Faith" by Elevation Worship)

If the worst of my problems today is having bed bugs, I'm a very lucky girl  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment